Howdy folks! I'm almost positive no one reads this blog. Yet. Once I set off for my quest for mathematical craziness, I'll be updating this more frequently. Good story.
I had a VERY weird, very VIVID dream the other night. In tone, it was a cross between an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity, and a normal day at lab this summer. There were scary evil mummies with skin rashes, zombies, and an evil archnemesis (sorry Ashley!), and Nathan Fillion was there too. I've been spending far too much time in the Whedonverse...
But for those of you who may be interested, you really should check out "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog," a web-musical about a supervillain, or just a loser-villain wannabe, and his archnemesis and the girl caught between them. It was written/directed/produced by Joss Whedon, his brothers Zack and Jed Whedon, and Jed's fiancee Maurissa Tancharoen. Starring Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother, Doogie Houser, MD), Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity, Desperate Housewives), and Felicia Day (The Guild). www.drhorrible.com.
Be advised, it is no longer officially available on the internet for free watching - but I think you can still watch it at www.whedontube.com. Otherwise, it is a good idea to download it at iTunes. Fun stuff.
At this very moment, I am procrastinating going back to lab. On a Saturday. Oh science. Oh crazy work-aholic-ness. Poo. This summer has been fine overall, but I spent a lot of it sort of vegging out. And not in a restorative way. I burned out this last semester, and dove into television to sort of get away. Man, I used to use books for escape! And that way I improved my vocabulary too. Ha. At any rate, as the summer draws to a close (3 weeks to Hungary! Holy crap!), I'm glad to say that I'm surfacing. I'm still behind on a few things, but the excitement is building...
Sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment