Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Weariness of Education

Specifically, that feeling of exhaustion which became so familiar to me last year...poo on that I say, poo on that.

Well, last week was a little crazy. Math class, then math class, and then math class after that. Followed by a nap which turned into a slumber, then bled into the next day...too much math man. I love math, but I must be very deliberate this semester to ensure I avoid burn-out.

Here are a few tidbits from my day-to-day...

A great dance number I encountered last Saturday at Zoldpardon, an outdoor dance club near Petofi hid on the Buda side of the river -it's called Rise Up by Yves Larock. Heck yes.

Another great tune - this one from Csinibaba, a Hungarian movie musical poking fun at socialist films of the ___ era (I'll edit this once I figure that out). It's called "Imádok élni" which means "I love to live." Possibly the happiest Hungarian song in existence - though I haven't quite listened to all of them yet to be sure.

And on a different note, I just ran across this blog by the excellent David Walker, who also blogs at cartoonchurch.com.
I find it funny. You may find it delightfully diverting for a short time as well.

Take care friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Suzanne... Beverly Matz here. Fear not I am reading your blog and living vicariously. Oh dear you are being a typical teenager skinny dipping while your Mom is in Joberg! You make me smile.

Unknown said...

Dear Suzanne,
I keep losing the link but I now have it bookmarked. Glad to hear you are being challenged. I guess I missed the skinny dipping part but I can forget I read that anyway so it does not slip to Grandma Billie.
Have a good time and remember this is a marathon not a sprint.
Love
Aunt Connie