My, my. It has been a while. :)
Well, a great deal of life has been going on since last I posted here. Heartache and grief at a friend lost to the cruel coldness of depression. Lots and lots of laughter and hilarity. Finding freedom I never imagined in saying true things out loud. Spending more of my 'days at the office' on some of America's gorgeous reservoirs! Using my science writing and statistical muscles for good and not evil (or at least, for the government). Saying goodbye to a mentor and hello again to the exhausting frustration that volunteering in a church can induce. Oh - and I went to Jamaica! With those awesome high schoolers. That was fun and a half (1.5 FUNs).
In the most recent news available, I am on sabbatical from employment and re-evaluating my direction in life. I have been angsting over this evaluation process from Day One post-graduation (and let's face it, the angst has been a practice of mine since at least junior year of high school), and I can say with a lovely sort of calm that right now, I am feeling "ready." Ready for what, you may ask; ready for anything. Ready to make decisions. Ready to own my life. Ready to continue letting go of my angst. Ready to keep making tracks. :)
It surely is a beautiful one, this life. And God I am lucky to be living it.
I just have this beautiful open feeling inside of me right now, like I am standing in an open doorway looking out on the vast fullness and color of the rest of my life.
It's a nice change from the claustrophobic shithole of depression. Hot damn!
And, I took the GRE finally this morning, and it felt GREat! :)
1 comment:
Hi Suzanne! Absolutely loved seeing you yesterday! I am so glad you came for a visit!
-Aaron
Post a Comment