Monday, August 18, 2008

Jo' napot!

Hello World!

So I've been here in Budapest (pronounced "Budapesht") for 4 days now. And what fun it has been! I arrived Friday noon-ish to a very hot city, met our student coordinator who is so nice and oddly reminds me of my Canadian cousins (that's a great thing - they are awesome people), and moved into my apartment on Vig utca ("Happy street"!). I'm living with F from Thailand, who unfortunately is rather sick right now, and we are just across the hall from A and E.
Saturday we went downtown to Vaci utca, which is sort of a tourist-centered area, and crossed the Danube (or Duna) on one of the older bridges (the Chain Bridge?).
Yesterday was the most fun though, because F and I went to the Sziget Music Festival with some other students in our program to see The Killers. I guess that was actually my first real-live music festival. While I didn't stay there for longer than 3 hours, it was a sweet concert and people were so friendly - I had a great time.

Today was our opening day of Babilon language school. So now I can say "Suzie vagyok. 21 e'ves vagyok. Coloradoi vagyok. Colorado az USA-ban van. Besze'lek spanyolul e's angolul e's egy kicsit magyarul." 100 Bonus Hug points for whoever can guess what I said. :) Interactive blog! Oh man.

I'll post some pictures when I remember to bring my camera-cable to the McDonald's McCafe we're using for free wifi right now. Until then,

Viszontlatasra!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know the last sentence! "I speak Spanish and English and a little Hungarian." The beginning was along the general lines of "I'm Suzanne. I'm 21 years old. I'm from Colorado. Colorado is in the USA." That's my guess. Even if it's wrong, I think I still deserve those bonus hug points for being brave enough to guess. :) Miss you, have fun!

Ross said...

Sounds like you're going to have a pretty amazing time. Szórakozik!