Thursday, August 14, 2008

That packing thing...

Recently I've had some interesting travel advice, gleaned from personal experience, from some good friends.

My favorite gems:
"Make sure to take more than two bras. Bra shopping in the Middle East is really awkward."
"Take more than one pair of pants - then if you get a hole in the butt of one pair, you don't have to keep wearing the Holy Butt Pants the whole trip."
"Don't take a skirt that is dry-clean only. Also, you don't need to take a box of dryer sheets. You really won't have access to dryers probably. Or dry cleaning."
"Don't wear ugly clothes."

I thought I was doing pretty well on all counts here...but lo and behold, my shiny new formal pants are indeed dry-clean only. Can you say 'wear sparingly and do not eat anything fun while wearing these pants'? I can. In fact, I just did.

Packing is my favorite of all the frantic-last-minute activies. :)

No comments: