Just a little preview of pontifications to come (and mostly to remind myself):
- Upcoming: a post devoted to italok, or drinks, I've encountered here
- This weekend I went to the Hungary-Albania World Cup 2010 Qualifying Game! It was awesome. AND Hungary won!
- I witnessed a passel of unfortunate Spaniards chasing a ladron (thief) this morning.
- Instead of saying "good luck!" a common Hungarian well-wish can be directly translated as "I wish you a big pile of shit." More on this later - languages are hilarious.
- If it weren't for that semester of Greek I took on a whim, I would be lost while talking about grammar.
1 comment:
You're going to places I'd love to see Vienna. Eating Hungarian food I'd love to try. Doing math - not so much (hehee). So I'll continue to live vecariously through your blog. Driving to Cody, WY to pick up my Mom tomorrow. Then we go to Sanoviv Med.Inst. (Rosito, Mexico) Oct. 21-28. Guess what, in just 4 months my 2 cancer spots are gone, with NO radiation! Attributed to eating raw (sorry no chocolate although your description is yummy) exercise (which you seem to be getting lots of) and USANA. Keep taking your vitamins! Have fun with your Mom & Dad next week. You'll show them the best of Budapest I'm sure. Beverly A. Matz
Post a Comment