Saturday, October 25, 2008

Qapla'!

I had no idea. Klingon, really. Hahaha haha.

Well, I had plans to take a quick trip up to Esztergom today, just 90 km northwest of Budapest. Esztergom is at the border of Hungary and Slovakia, and it was the capital of Hungary for about 400 years. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending upon how you look at it, I got some much needed rest today and slept in. So I will take postpone the trip to Esztergom and I'll be spending most of my day doing some chores like laundry and dishes, and charging batteries of various trinkets which have needed charging for a while. (I haven't charged my camera batteries since Vienna - whoops). Later this afternoon I think I'll go wander the Castle District a little on my own, or find the monument sculpture dedicated to the heroes of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. Then tonight - taking the long trip to the airport to pick up the 'rents! WOOHOO! I'm excited to see them.

UPDATE: So my parents are here. Itt most. Wow. It's weird. It's a strange sort of feeling to be a host to my parents, and though this is different to my first experience with this feeling last November when they came out for Christmas Fest, the strangeness remains. Well, I must say, my mom and dad are cute and stylish folks. And their hotel - WOW very cute and VERY stylish. I was immediately jealous of their room decor, considering the kind of tired-looking green bleh of my bedroom walls in our apartment. But that is me - sometimes I just get jealous of cute things. ;) Tomorrow I look forward to taking the 'rents to tiny basement Anglican church (...anyone want to bet against me falling asleep in church? I have such a talent for it...) and then to some fancy shmancy restaurant somewhere so they can fund my gastronomical satisfaction. I promise I love them for more reasons than that they pay for me to eat. ;) Holy moly, if Butterscotch could talk, I might sound a lot like her. Whooops.

1 comment:

Mike Hamilton said...

I hope you have a great time with your parents and enjoy some shmancy food. No snoring in church--as I remember, most buildings are capable of deep echoes :^)